At Esquire Bank, we know how important it is to protect the confidentiality of the information our customers and web site visitors provide us online. We have described below our practices to protect your online privacy.
In addition, Esquire maintains appropriate security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information.
Access to your personal information is restricted to only those employees who need to have it for legitimate business purposes—such as providing products or services to you—or for a legal reason. An employee who misuses customer information will be subject to disciplinary action.
When is information collected about my online activity?
You provide personal information about yourself to Esquire when you:
- Use any of our Esquire Online services or apply online for any products and services;
- Use any of the financial tools, calculators or questionnaires on our web site;
- Communicate with us via Internet e-mail or forms on our web site.
We also collect information about you or your online activities in the following ways:
- When you browse our site, non-personal information about you is recorded by Esquire Internet servers. This information is used primarily to provide an enhanced online experience. Information tracked may include, but is not limited to the type of operating system in use [e.g. Macintosh, Windows] and the domain name and the type of browser being used [e.g. Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.]. This information may be used in internal reviews of the number of visitors to our site, but only in an aggregate and non-personally-identifiable form. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable data about visitors to this site are known only when voluntarily submitted.
- Via Cookies—We use "Cookies" on our web site to monitor and manage your online banking sessions. Cookies are lines of text that are transmitted to your web browser when you click on a link. Your browser stores the information on your hard drive and when you return to that site later, the cookie is transmitted back to the server that originally sent it to you. Cookies provide a way for a server to recall a previous request from a particular web browser. The cookies Esquire uses are only for site management purposes and do not contain any sensitive information such as your password or account number. We do not share information collected by using cookies, except as permitted by law.
Can I prevent having my information collected online?
The information that you provide to us online is given voluntarily when you use our e-mail forms or our online transaction and account information systems. You cannot prevent your information from being collected when conducting these types of transactions.
How does Esquire Bank use my online information?
In the normal course of business, Esquire may use your information to provide you with products and services you have requested. We may use information to positively identify you, to communicate with you, to help us respond to your questions, and to understand which Esquire products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Can I update or correct information gathered about me online?
Information specific to any of your account relationships or financial services can be updated or changed at your request. To contact us regarding corrections to your account information, call or write to us at the telephone number or address listed on your account statement.
For our Esquire Bank Privacy Notice, click here.